Citizenship by investment programs (CBI) provides high-net-worth individuals and their families with the privilege of acquiring alternative citizenship, allowing them to travel freely to various destinations and live in another country. Over 100 countries worldwide have some form of the investment migration program.
These programs are generally offered by developing nations looking to add to their investment portfolio. A second passport provides greater mobility along with visa-free travel freedom. The CBI passport is getting increasingly popular. The best part of the second passport by investment program is that an investor doesn’t necessarily need to spend time in the country of new citizenship.
Many countries offer citizenship in exchange for investing a lump sum of money in the form of bond investment, capital investment, joint investment, real estate investment, job creation and purchase of government bonds. Some also offer citizenship through donations to a sustainable growth fund, development funds, the national economic fund, or otherwise.
St Kitts was the first to introduce citizenship by investment program in 1984. Dominica joined in 1993, and only in 2014 many more countries joined the CBI club.
The global citizenship-by-investment market is expected to grow and reach $100 billion by 2025, marking nearly a five-fold increase of $80 billion from its latest evaluation of $21.4 billion.
Caribbean passports Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, and Grenada are among the most invested in passports by residents in the UAE seeking dual citizenship. Caribbean citizenship by investment programs is considered the cheapest CBI for individual investors and families. All in all, Dominica and St Lucia are the most affordable for one person. For families, Antigua is the cheapest. European countries like Turkey and Montenegro also offer Citizenship through Investment programs.
Advantages of Second Passport by investment
The most crucial reason citizenship by investment programs gained so much popularity recently is that citizenship is approved faster, within four months, without any requirement of staying in the country. Various benefits of CBI are a secure future for family and citizenship transfers through generations and protection of yourself and wealth from war and political problems in a stable country with a strong currency. Visa waiver to more than 100 countries and dual citizenship allows an investor to become a Global citizen, expanding freedom across the globe. Top-quality education for children is available and ample opportunities to invest in international real estate markets to set up a second home. Tax-free planning on your worldwide income and ease of business makes a second passport more useful.
To avail of citizenship by investment and a second passport, you can get constant consular assistance. Here at DM Citizenship by investment, we specialise in assisting individuals with obtaining dual citizenship through their investment. Our team of experienced professionals is available to guide and help you with every step, from helping you find the perfect investment opportunity to navigating the application process. Contact our citizenship by the investment advisor to learn more about Citizenship by Investment and how we can help you realise your dreams.
Citizenship by investment options
Citizenship by investment programs offers the opportunity to get a new nationality legally and an alternative passport quickly and without significant disruption to your life.
The programs are considered sufficiently clear in law and processes and have a good reputation and transparency to be regarded as the top tier of citizenship by investment options: DM helps in availing citizenship by investment in the following countries:
- The Turkish Citizenship by Investment Program offers foreign investors the opportunity to obtain citizenship in Turkey with a minimum investment of €250,000 in real estate.
- The Grenada Citizenship by Investment program requires applicants to make a minimum investment of $350,000 into real estate. You can make economic contributions through a one-time donation, or a minimum investment is $150,000.
- The Dominica Citizenship by Investment Program requires applicants to make a minimum investment of $100,000 into a government fund.
- The Antigua & Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program requires applicants to make a minimum business investment of $400,000. Non-Refundable Contribution to NDF of at least $100,000 and a minimum Real Estate Investment of $200,000 are other options to acquire citizenship in Dominica.
- St. Kitts & Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program requires applicants to make a minimum investment of $150,000 into real estate.
- The Vanuatu Citizenship by Investment Program requires applicants to make a $130,000 minimum investment into a local development fund.
- St. Lucia Citizenship by Investment requires a minimum investment in St. Lucia’s real estate, business projects, government bonds, or donations to St.Lucia’s Sustainable Growth Fund.
- The Montenegro Citizenship by Investment Program requires applicants to make a minimum investment of €250,000 to develop projects in northern or central Montenegro, excluding Podgorica. The program involves a one-time Minimum of $450,000 for the Montenegro Citizenship by Investment Program.